Taylor Swift - Shake It Off

Pipo

COQUETTE :ribbon:
this does not bode well

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/nfWlot6h_JM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

it's all very Avril "Girlfriend"

album is called 1989

Last edited:
I like it. Mainly the Girlfriend effect I guess.

Love how blunt the video is at trying to make her seem normal. The real people at the end are the most forced characters of them all!

1989? She's OLDER THAN ME? What the fuck is wrong with her?

Haters gonna hate, Nance!

And clearly by that video, fakers gonna fake too! Why did "Dance like nobody's watching" have to become shorthand for "dance like a mong because trying isn't cool"?

*shares LQ quote picture on facebook*

She's so relatable. (if you're like a serial killer or something) Though I am annoyed that she's stolen being uber-white and acting ironically black off me and everyone else ever.

The video is quite something too, I love everyone at the end and how they look like they've just discovered this amazing new weightloss secret.

It works because she's so brazen about it being a million miles from where she started. Haters gonna hate (hate hate hate hate). That and it's just a great pop song.

I expect the album will be a massive mix again. Something for everyone.

Last edited:
How does she define country? Because to me Begin Again and maybe one or two others aside Red wasn't really awash with many country songs either. Honestly I'm happy so long as she maintains the country-ish story telling in some of her songs.

Last edited:
There is nothing likable about that video. At all.

Song, I'm undecided on. Although it's no We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together. :evil:

It feels like a career killer to me. But it could just as easily be massive. Or perhaps both.

Although I suppose she does appeal to every white person ever who wants to keep their culture more white than ethnic.

The song itself is alright, a far cry from her best efforts, but it's still effortlessly catchy. The video is awful though, but I guess that's kind of the point with the whole ''I don't give a fuck that I've sold out because I'm bigger than ever'' thing. I'm not sure it's going to recreate the success of the last album though, maybe THIS will, but she better have something more substantial/better for single 2.

The thing is, I don't really understand why she sold out. It's not like she was a struggling indie artist before, and she really can't pop it and lock it and dip it like the other girls can.

I don't get how anyone can say she's sold out. WANGBT was hardly a far cry from this. And are people just forgetting about 22?

The whole thing sounds like it's supposed to be tongue in cheek, and it works. It'll be massive.

She's always sounded pure pop to me. Although I've never listened beyond her UK hits, but Love Song barely sounded like a country song at all to me. It could've been Carly Rae Jepsen.

Love Story. And in fairness they removed the 'country' instrumentation from the version they released to UK radio (bizarrely).

I don't think Red was a straight sell out either. She's had no issue with making it clear that she's been steering further and further into pure pop with each new album. Listen to Red and Speak Now side by side and again you won't hear a massive difference. If anything SN has more bubblegum pop songs.

Last edited:
The whole thing sounds like it's supposed to be tongue in cheek, and it works. It'll be massive.

I definitely think this song is, but the entire Red campaign was her selling out. Bar the first album she was never PURE country, indeed she probably has been more towards the pop end of the spectrum for much of her career, but the difference between Red and Speak Now (at least for me) is that Red is just basic catchy pop for the most part, whereas she at least had something to SAY on Speak Now, even if most it had been said before anyway.

Love Story, WANGBT and 22 were all varying levels of great. This is chasing a Lily Allen mode that nobody even really liked.

If she's going to sell out, she may as well go the whole hog and do a trap track and really Jewel out on us.

I definitely think this song is, but the entire Red campaign was her selling out. Bar the first album she was never PURE country, indeed she probably has been more towards the pop end of the spectrum for much of her career, but the difference between Red and Speak Now (at least for me) is that Red is just basic catchy pop for the most part, whereas she at least had something to SAY on Speak Now, even if most it had been said before anyway.

I feel the opposite. I love SN but the great songs on Red have much more substance than the bulk of that album. And I know people blabber on and on about how you shouldn't talk about credibility and artistic merit with people like Taylor Swift, but artistically and creatively she reached her greatest peak so far with State of Grace and All Too Well. I'm not discounting Better Than Revenge, The Story of Us etc are great pop songs but there's a clear difference in overall quality. Musically and lyrically they're just great songs that would sound wonderful coming from anyone.

Last edited:
She's always sounded pure pop to me. Although I've never listened beyond her UK hits, but Love Song barely sounded like a country song at all to me. It could've been Carly Rae Jepsen.

Most, if not all, of her early singles received a "pop radio" remix in America, which was used as the only version released here. In a sense the country tag has seemed utterly superfluous for the majority of her career - I guess this will be the litmus test as to how beneficial it truly has been.

Why is she singing about the haters anyway? Does anyone actually hate this dull bitch?

It's not exactly You can't STOP my VOICE cause YOU don't OWN my LIFE is it?

She's always been a bit big on self-depreciation - there were a few songs on the last album with lyrics where she was impersonating someone else hating her.

This is absolutely BRILLIANT!

The video's a bit too childlike, but I really like the song.

It's going to be MASSIVE and not a career killer, if you ask me.

Why is she singing about the haters anyway? Does anyone actually hate this dull bitch?

To be honest, I can't see her music and lyrics as anything more than just randomly concocted slang words taken from Urban Dictionary. Even SHE probably knows she's dull, but she's fine with shoving a "Haterz" here, a "Playaz" here, an annoying 'OMG who farted?' smile every 2.5 seconds and walk away with another obnoxious #1 album.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom