Tech questions that don't deserve their own thread

I've never quite got my head around VPNs. What's the legality? I assumed it wasn’t, and they handing my credit card details was foolish.

I've never quite got my head around VPNs. What's the legality? I assumed it wasn’t, and they handing my credit card details was foolish.
VPNs are entirely legal (for now). NordVPN and ExpressVPN are reputable

Ok is Surfshark bad? I thought it was supposed to be alright but it’s pissing me off already.

I can’t log into Netflix on my desktop, if I change the location and log in, it won’t accept my password. If I log in and change the password, it won’t change the region.

WHAT IS THE POINT OF THIS EXCEPT BEING A TRYING BITCH

Ok is Surfshark bad? I thought it was supposed to be alright but it’s pissing me off already.

I can’t log into Netflix on my desktop, if I change the location and log in, it won’t accept my password. If I log in and change the password, it won’t change the region.

WHAT IS THE POINT OF THIS EXCEPT BEING A TRYING BITCH

That's weird. If you set the VPN to the country you want, Netflix should redirect you automatically once you log into it. It might take a few seconds.

That's weird. If you set the VPN to the country you want, Netflix should redirect you automatically once you log into it. It might take a few seconds.

Do you login in your home country first? I think if I switch first, it’ll take me to the local login page which I don’t have an account for.

Do you login in your home country first? I think if I switch first, it’ll take me to the local login page which I don’t have an account for.

Close the browser, start the VPN with the country you want, open Netflix with your usual login and it should redirect automatically to the country of your IP address.

Close the browser, start the VPN with the country you want, open Netflix with your usual login and it should redirect automatically to the country of your IP address.

Oh really? It was just not having it when I tried to log in, it said it was a wrong password (which I knew wasn’t true)

And even Google is turning against me with its unusual traffic and having to prove that I’m a human

Doesn’t Netflix not work with some VPNs now? They clocked on to what people were doing and some of them still work but others have been blocked. I haven’t actually tried on my one as I only use it for YouTube territories.

Oh really? It was just not having it when I tried to log in, it said it was a wrong password (which I knew wasn’t true)

And even Google is turning against me with its unusual traffic and having to prove that I’m a human

Ellie's right, it might be a Surfshark thing actually.

Try ExpressVPN :D

Well what you know? The only way to cancel the subscription is to send an email to them - funny the registration was fully automated. Or you can talk to someone on Livechat, but no link is provided to that, and searching the website internally and using google couldn't find it.

Even if they could fix everything now, I'm pissed off so fuck them

Well what you know? The only way to cancel the subscription is to send an email to them - funny the registration was fully automated. Or you can talk to someone on Livechat, but no link is provided to that, and searching the website internally and using google couldn't find it.

Even if they could fix everything now, I'm pissed off so fuck them
diddy.png

If you’re charged for something you don’t want to be, just call them. If you ask for a refund, you’ll almost always get one

If you’re charged for something you don’t want to be, just call them. If you ask for a refund, you’ll almost always get one

No phone number, naturally!

They are basically ignoring my requests for a refund with a slurry of technical support, none of which is working , and a sickeningly over-familiar tone

Hey there, David! 👋

Hope you are having an amazing week! 🌞

As you are still within your first 30 days of using our services, let's try some more steps as Netflix should work just fine with the Japan server. 🤗

First, ..
BLAH FUCKING BLAH

Have a lovely day, and I'll be awaiting your response with great excitement! 🦈

All the best,
REDACTED
Customer Success Shark (:manson: )

Could you use their VPN to view their website in the different region and get the chat box? :eyes:

It’s fine, I stopped listening to them and GOT SNIPPY

“Hello,

Thanks as always for your lengthy reply.

I have decided that I don’t need a VPN, and I’ll just manage without one.

I hope I don’t have to keep requesting a refund for 29 more days.

I’m hoping to hear back from you soon!

David”

And it worked :angel: or it will in 7-10 business days :manson: you certainly took my money fast enough

OK me again, does anyone still sync up their iTunes library to their iPhones in this day and age?

I've uploaded new albums to the phone and it's been alright, but a while afterwards, several of the tracks seem to get greyed out, won't sync, and on iTunes when my phone is plugged in and I can look on it, the offending songs are greyed out and have a dotted-line circle next to them. Any thoughts?

OK me again, does anyone still sync up their iTunes library to their iPhones in this day and age?

I've uploaded new albums to the phone and it's been alright, but a while afterwards, several of the tracks seem to get greyed out, won't sync, and on iTunes when my phone is plugged in and I can look on it, the offending songs are greyed out and have a dotted-line circle next to them. Any thoughts?
Gosh, no I don't. I can't remember the last time I plugged my phone into my computer, which I appreciate isn't very helpful.

Do you have an Apple Music subscription? It should just mirror anything on your phone and computer if you do.

Gosh, no I don't. I can't remember the last time I plugged my phone into my computer, which I appreciate isn't very helpful.

Do you have an Apple Music subscription? It should just mirror anything on your phone and computer if you do.

No I don’t, I was worried about polluting my life’s work of mp3s if I hook up to that.

No I don’t, I was worried about polluting my life’s work of mp3s if I hook up to that.

It's really quite good and matches everything in your library that it recognises, and then uploads the stuff it doesn't.

You get everything in lush Lossless or Dolby Atmos quality too, if that appeals.

I'd suggest making a backup of your music library, and then try it. I don't know how big your music library is, but mine is about 85,000 songs and it did take a while to go through.

It's really quite good and matches everything in your library that it recognises, and then uploads the stuff it doesn't.

You get everything in lush Lossless or Dolby Atmos quality too, if that appeals.

I'd suggest making a backup of your music library, and then try it. I don't know how big your music library is, but mine is about 85,000 songs and it did take a while to go through.

But what if it decides you can’t have a song anymore because the artist has a moment or something

But what if it decides you can’t have a song anymore because the artist has a moment or something
Well it won't remove a song if you have the MP3, but yes, if the artist or label decides to withdraw something from streaming or the rights change for something you don't own, you do lose access to it. It's not really worth worrying about though.

I was like you about five years ago diddy. I gave up in the end. My iCloud has managed to hold on to some of my mp3 playlists and they come on in the car sometimes which is lovely because a lot of those songs aren’t on Spotify. But in terms of trying to create some sort of continuity for the hours upon hours I spent perfecting my iTunes collection - nope.

I have a question, I have a feeling there won't be an answer as I've had a quick look already but thought I might as well ask. I use Spotify and my boyfriend uses Apple Music - is there an easy way to turn a link from one into a link for the other? I'm hoping for some sort of website or app where I can enter a Spotify link to a song or album, press a button and it gives me an Apple Music link I can send him. Obviously it isn't the end of the world to just give him the name of a song instead, but still :tongueout:

I have a question, I have a feeling there won't be an answer as I've had a quick look already but thought I might as well ask. I use Spotify and my boyfriend uses Apple Music - is there an easy way to turn a link from one into a link for the other? I'm hoping for some sort of website or app where I can enter a Spotify link to a song or album, press a button and it gives me an Apple Music link I can send him. Obviously it isn't the end of the world to just give him the name of a song instead, but still :tongueout:
Something like this?

I don’t think so :( I get frustrated as I’m in an iMessage group chat with friends and they all have Apple Music. I have YouTube Premium and at the very least my links are free to view for all, even if they have to watch an ad. I have to manually look up all the links they share :angry:

I put two pairs of shoes in the washing machine for a quick wash and now that the washing is finished the door stays locked.
Turn the knob to the off position and wait 5 mins or so. You should hear a click and that's it unlocking. Maybe your quick cycle includes a time at the end to dry off a bit before it will let you unlock it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom