Tech questions that don't deserve their own thread

Oh dear. I guess the shoes had nothing to do with the problem, they weren't locking the door or so, right? I had a similar problem once years ago and never happened again, I guess all these machines fail at some point, so don't worry because it should be fine next time.

Oh dear. I guess the shoes had nothing to do with the problem, they weren't locking the door or so, right? I had a similar problem once years ago and never happened again, I guess all these machines fail at some point, so don't worry because it should be fine next time.
I hope so, mopped up everything, turned the dehumidifier on and attempting a second quick wash to see if it works.

The app is a disatuh

Screenshot_20230120_154822_Lastfm.jpg

And the website stopped dead two days ago

Screenshot_20230120_154850_Chrome.jpg

The app is a disatuh

View attachment 15514

And the website stopped dead two days ago

View attachment 15515
I downloaded something called PanoScrobbler which works better than the official app, so might be worth giving that a try. Not seen that error before, but I found if I ever tried logging out and logging in again while listening to something it would get confused and force close the app. It's very buggy. 🥴

I just have my Spotify linked directly with last.fm? And that seems to be working fine still.

I've just discovered that for reasons I can't explain it's connected to an old Spotify account, I didn't even know I had, but has the same name as my Last.fm. The fuck.

Mine’s been working fine too.

OMG, how does one save an audio message left via facebook messenger? It's an emergency of the gayest degree.

Edit: google searches say "m.facebook" in your browser, but I do not get the download option that these results (the latest from 2022) show. Argh.

Last edited:
Can anyone recommend a decent lightweight Windows laptop for under £1,000? I’m thinking maybe Acer but I’m atrociously indecisive and could be here for the next 10 years trying to choose one although my current laptop keeps fucking up so I need one NOW

Can anyone recommend a decent lightweight Windows laptop for under £1,000? I’m thinking maybe Acer but I’m atrociously indecisive and could be here for the next 10 years trying to choose one although my current laptop keeps fucking up so I need one NOW
Do you want to run Photoshop, Premiere etc? Or just random use?

Bitter Amazon reviews aren't very helpful. I'm half-expecting someone to complain that IT DON'T PLAY CASSETTES VERY ANGRY RETURNED FOR REFUND

I think you mean storage? Memory is for short term storage like running programs and storage is for long term storage like files.
This is no time for splitting hairs. I need a new laptop and will be unemployed and POOR if I don't get one within the next 24 hours

I might have to go to John Lewis at Westfield

PLEASE MUMMY DON'T MAKE ME GO TO WESTFIELD :(:(:(

Must check whether there's a bar :disco:

the main questions are

What size screen do you want? Are you going to be lugging the laptop around? Will it be connected to a monitor when at a desk?

What work is it you are going to be doing? Will it just be word/excel/Teams etc?

What is your budget?

This one is pretty decent. It’s smaller than the one you linked to so is easier to carry round. It has a touch screen which depending on what work you do can be beneficial.

Deal: HP ENVY x360 13.3" 2-in-1 Laptop PC 13-ay1012sa, Touch Screen, Windows 11, AMD Ryzen 5, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD, FHD, Nightfall black https://amzn.eu/d/f9lWEBd

I have Surface Laptop at work and I’d buy it for personal use if I had to - great keyboard, great screen, great trackpad, slim profile. Looks like the Surface Laptop 4 is on sale at the minute due to the Surface 5 being out.

the main questions are

What size screen do you want? Are you going to be lugging the laptop around? Will it be connected to a monitor when at a desk?

What work is it you are going to be doing? Will it just be word/excel/Teams etc?

What is your budget?

This one is pretty decent. It’s smaller than the one you linked to so is easier to carry round. It has a touch screen which depending on what work you do can be beneficial.

Deal: HP ENVY x360 13.3" 2-in-1 Laptop PC 13-ay1012sa, Touch Screen, Windows 11, AMD Ryzen 5, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD, FHD, Nightfall black https://amzn.eu/d/f9lWEBd
Actually I'm quite liking that one. Also, no stupid number pad. Ta! :disco:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom