Taylor Swift - 1989

I did catch myself briefly enjoying Fall Out Boy's rubbish new Tom's Diner rip-off song the other day. They're just holding on until mid-Noughties swag comes back, like MySpace or the multiple sweatbands on one arm thing.

5e49a12d43981bfa57e97347c6e49567.gif

Centuries is brilliant! And My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark was quite big as well.

My mum broke the news to me earlier that Slipknot had a song on the Radio 1 playlist, which shocked me a little.

new track Welcome To New York (by KING Ryan Tedder)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/gGpDnsN6QIw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

(Can't seem to find a REAL Version though all of them are pitched but you get the idea :( )

Last edited:
The track list and *credits* have leaked, by the way, hopefully the album itself follows suit IMMINENTLY:

1: Welcome To New York (Swift/Tedder)
2: Blank Space (Swift/Martin/Shellback)
3: Style (Swift/Martin/Shellback/Payami)
4: Out Of The Woods (Swift/Antonoff)
5: All You Had To Do Was Stay (Swift/Martin)
6: Shake It Off (Swift/Martin/Shellback)
7: I Wish You Would (Swift/Antonoff)
8: Bad Blood (Swift/Martin/Shellback)
9: How You Get The Girl (Swift/Martin/Shellback)
10: Wildest Dreams (Swift/Martin/Shellback)
11: This Love (Swift)
12: I Know Places (Swift/Tedder)
13: Clean (Swift/Heap)

Hopefully all the Martin ends up curiously being CHRIS MARTIN :disco:

Last edited:
new track Welcome To New York (by KING Ryan Tedder)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/gGpDnsN6QIw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

(Can't seem to find a REAL Version though all of them are pitched but you get the idea :( )
"You can like who you want, boys and boys, girls and girls" is so pandering but I love it :D

There's a proper audio stream of it here:
http://www.justjared.com/2014/10/20/taylor-swift-welcome-to-new-york-full-song-lyrics-listen-now/

It's alright but certainly my least favorite of the three we have heard thus far:

1. Shake It Off
2. Out of the Woods
3. Welcome to New York

Now that I think about it, the synthy pop blandness of "Welcome to New York" kind of reminds me of a CARLY RAE track.

Martin stands for Max Martin innit? I'm relieved that Dr. Luke is nowhere to be seen though I don't think she worked with him during Red? :confused:

and Heap stands for IMOGEN HEAP, can't wait to see what these came up with :disco:

Good to see the rumours she was writing with Liam Payne and Harry Styles were bullshit

Last edited:
Yeah Martin is most definitely Max Martin, just some blind hope. I actually think Taylor/Chris Martin would be a wonderful collab prospect. I think they have a very similar knack for pop melodies.

And yeah the Imogen Heap co-write will be interesting.

I hope there's another '22' on this album.

IT seems like one of those NIGHTS,
This place is too CROWDED,
Too many COOL kids
(Who's Taylor Swift anyway, EW!)

:disco:

I hope there's another '22' on this album.

IT seems like one of those NIGHTS,
This place is too CROWDED,
Too many COOL kids
(Who's Taylor Swift anyway, EW!)

:disco:

22 is one of her WORST songs ever! All Too Well on the other hand is the song of the century (along Red)

This album is out on Monday and is still under wraps? Had she hidden the only copy between her legs?

22 is one of her WORST songs ever! All Too Well on the other hand is the song of the century (along Red)

they're both songs of the century in different ways.

Welcome to New York is fun but it's a good few steps behind Shake It Off which is a good few steps behind the immaculate Into the Woods. I hope ITW really is the song most representative of the album.

This album is out on Monday and is still under wraps? Had she hidden the only copy between her legs?

It's all very secretive. We only got the track list a few days ago. Anyhow, I'll be really shocked if it isn't leaked by tonight (seeing as I believe it's out officially in some territories by then)

Last edited:
I did catch myself briefly enjoying Fall Out Boy's rubbish new Tom's Diner rip-off song the other day. They're just holding on until mid-Noughties swag comes back, like MySpace or the multiple sweatbands on one arm thing.

5e49a12d43981bfa57e97347c6e49567.gif

:D!

Oh, this has leaked btw.

The production on Welcome To New York is superb!

Last edited:
Out Of The Woods is one of the most fabulous pop songs in a long time.

The album reminds me of Tegan and Sara's "Heartthrob". It has the same kind of vibe. "Shake It Off" sticks out like a sore thumb however.

Last edited:
Welcome to New York is an anthem for the type of girls that Instagram themselves outdoor ice-skating at Christmas or having a "cheeky" bar of Galaxy in their favourite woollen jumper whose only experience of New York is a Friends poster but I am very much feeling in that mood.

Last edited:
Out of the Woods is really good, it reminds me of Fleetwood Mac

I quite like the album on initial plays (though I was wholly expecting to, so hardly a surprise).

I do think she's lost a bit of her USP though. Even though I take the whole "country music" aspect of her act with a pinch of salt, that slant on her music has served her well. Tracks like 'All You Had To Do Was Stay', 'Shake It Off', 'How You Get The Girl', etc. might just as well have come from the latest Avril Lavigne album.

She's clearly got a knack for writing a strong pop hook, but in trying to turn her into a wholesale pop star, I think her schtick is going to be come much more divisive than it's been in the past.

She's being referred to as the 'Queen of Pop' in a newspaper today, god help us if so.

Mind you, I've not heard Out Of The Woods and Welcome To New York yet, but I don't think that's enough to shift her image of being an average popstar who tries to come across as more interesting than she actually is.

I think 'Out Of The Woods' is a FANTASTIC song - easily amongst her career bests for me.

I do wonder whether the label will really go down that route with her though - in the UK, I still don't think she really has enough of a musical identity that they will feel the need to go beyond the obvious and easy hits like they did with 'Red'

She's being referred to as the 'Queen of Pop' in a newspaper today, god help us if so.

Mind you, I've not heard Out Of The Woods and Welcome To New York yet, but I don't think that's enough to shift her image of being an average popstar who tries to come across as more interesting than she actually is.

Wise up.

Everyone I've played Out of the Woods to has loved it on first listen. It's absolutely on the verge of State of Grace/All Too Well for me.

Last edited:
I think 'Out Of The Woods' is much more digestible than 'State Of Grace' - I like the latter, but I wouldn't be confident that it would grab a non-fan, whereas 'Out Of The Woods' has something a lot more mainstream (yet nonetheless impressive) about it.

Last edited:
It is!

Welcome To New York is nothing that special on first listen. Expectations for Out Of The Woods are quite high considering how much people have been going on about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom